Saturday, September 27, 2014

Trade Off

“Our faith is stretched by exchanging our weakness for God’s strength.”
                        A quote in the Daily Bread today. Led to remembrances.

A dim blurry vision in the far recesses of the memory. A
conversation with someone while standing outside the church. Just one little clip of a response is embedded and brought forth.

“It is not me. I have to exchange my weakness for God’s strength. It is Him.”

They had not seen me on the days I lie prostrate on my floor seeking the courage, the strength to do next thing.

The impression looms that many times those words were said to others.
  
During the years of our son's CA battles, and the oh so many other issues of life that would seem to come one after the other, after the other...
Hurting, tired and worn out at times it didn’t seem I could go on but in exchanging my weakness for His strength I was able.
During the many times of separation with hubby on duty assignment taking him away, or deployed, or working 2 jobs to make ends meet.
In pain, tired and at wits end it didn’t seem at times I could go on but in exchanging my weakness for His strength I was able.
During the times of various personal health problems through the years; to now, the daily struggles of life issues being faced at this time…
Fatigued, hurting, lost in blackness, confusion, beginning again often times it seemed I could not – did not want to go on - but in exchanging my weakness for His strength I was, I have been able.
Because He promised: “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” 
And I like the wording in the Paraphrase of The Message:
“…and then he told me,
My grace is enough; it’s all you need.
My strength comes into its own in your weakness.”

It was my desire to demonstrate that truth in my life. I haven’t always. Sometimes I held onto my weakness, refusing to exchange it; and yes even a few times without ability to exchange it; yet even there - HE was.

He is enough, all I need. HE is the one that gave me strength and gives me strength to face another day, to put one foot in front of the other, to have a purpose and a meaning for my life.

 To God be the Glory - My soul's desire.
Trade your weakness for His Strength – it is more than enough; available to all who will
Trade Off


Until next time, I pray you rest in God's grace and peace to sustain you one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment